Tourism and Hotel Management with the academic certification of Ecole Hôtelière de Lausanne
Vision and Mission
The mission of the Faculty of Tourism and Hotel Management is to educate students and make them eligible to enter the hotel and restaurant industry at a supervisory level, with the necessary knowledge, skills and attitude to attain higher level managerial positions.
The Faculty of Tourism & Hotel Management (SFTHM) at the Université La Sagesse with the academic certification of Ecole hotelière de Lausanne is a fully integrated concept, a state-of art academic hotel with facilities that include restaurants, laboratories, kitchens, laundry, and hotel rooms, with sophisticated and well-equipped classrooms. Students gain a solid proficiency during their studies to be able to function in real world hospitality scenarios and work in the hospitality industry with the confidence of a seasoned manager. Faculty members are dedicated to transferring knowledge, skills and real-life experience to their students. The SFTHM prepares students to be life-long learners, innovators, and professionals suited to enter the market as the new generation of hoteliers.
SFTHM’s vision is:
- To stay the leader in development of professionals in the field of Tourism & Hospitality Management
- To train and educate, at all levels, persons of outstanding abilities who will become future leaders in the hospitality industry
- To work closely and proactively with the industry to address the need of highly skilled manpower
The Faculty of Tourism and Hotel Management represents the main values of hospitality services and professionalism, while at the same time, a forum for education. The SFTHM operates according to the values that form the image conveyed by the industry, in the education market and that of the future students. These values are engraved in the Sagesse spirit and equally in the educational philosophy of the Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne.
• It reflects a pure and welcoming atmosphere for students of all backgrounds, regardless of religious denomination or ethnicity
• It requires organizational rigor at all levels, including administration, faculty members and students
• It encourages the instructors, employees, and students to be ambassadors of the faculty
• It anticipates the students, instructors, and associates to respect each other, as well as the system and established rules
• It consists of a healthy educational environment where all the members are interdependent and responsible